Share Our Strength Helps Ensure
No Child Goes Hungry
How can you help end childhood hunger?
- Host a bake sale! Your bake sale will create awareness and help educate the community about an issue that is often ignored: childhood hunger in America.
- Funds raised support No Kid Hungry, Share Our Strength’s campaign to end childhood hunger in America by 2015.
- You can host a bake sale based on your schedule and in your community. It’s an easy and fun way to help kids. Roll up your sleeves, pre-heat your ovens, and bake a difference!
Sign Up Today! And together we can end childhood hunger in America.
Why Support Share Our Strength?
Share Our Strength is a national organization working hard to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry. We weave together a net of community groups, activists and food programs to catch children who are struggling with hunger and surround them with nutritious food where they live, learn and play.
- Enroll more eligible kids in school breakfast, after-school snacks and meals, and their families in SNAP (food stamps).
- Bring community gardens and farmers markets to low-income neighborhoods.
- Bring affordable, fresh fruits and vegetables to urban corner stores.
- Teach at-risk families how to plan, shop for, and prepare healthy, low-cost meals at home.
- Help local food pantries, food banks and soup kitchens meet the pressing demand for more nutritious food.
- Increase awareness and understanding of childhood hunger and solutions to it.
How We Will End Childhood Hunger
Through No Kid Hungry, Share Our Strength funds the most effective anti-hunger organizations across the country, connects needy children and their families with nutritious food, teaches families how to cook healthy on a budget, and provides leadership that brings together public and private decision-makers to end childhood hunger, state by state. These funds help accomplish the following:
Through all these means, we are working to ensure that all of America’s children have nutritious food where they live, learn and play. Host a bake sale and make a difference.